- Check thermostat operation
- Clean filter or replace if needed (customer supplied)
- Check that air temperature differential between supply and return is within tolerance
- Inspect media filters (replacement extra cost)
- Inspect the evaporator coil
- Examine installation quality
- Check supply voltage and amperage to all motors
- Inspect ductwork for energy loss
- Treat condensate drain with anti-algae tablets
- Check for air leaks at equipment connections
- Inspect drain pan and evaporator coil surface clean
- Inspect and clean condenser coil with water
- Tighten all electrical connections, if necessary
- Check refrigerant levels
- Inspect safety devices for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect contractors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect disconnect box
- Inspect condenser capacitor
- Inspect condenser fan blade
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage draw and wiring connections
- All trip charges are free
- 21 – point spring precision inspection
- 21- Point fall precision inspection
- Remove leaves and other debris from inside condenser unit
- Free condenser coil cleaning
- free clearing of drain lines
- Free Evaporator coil cleaning (where accessible)
- Repair discount – 10%
- Priority service (during normal business hours)
- Drain pan algacide tablets
- Up to 2 pounds of refrigerant (R-410A only if needed)
- Check thermostat operation.
- Clean filter or replaced if needed (customer supplied).
- Perform furnace heat exchanger inspection (where visually accessible).
- Inspect and adjust furnace safety devices.
- Inspect pilot and/or flame sensor.
- Inspect burner assembly for proper flame.
- Inspect motors and if necessary lubricate moving parts.
- Inspect media filters (replacement extra cost).
- Check furnace flue and venting for carbon monoxide leaks.
- Test for gas leaks around furnace.
- Check furnace blower compartment for cleanliness.
- Check furnace for proper cycling.
- Measure temperature variation on supply/return.
- Check and if needed, tighten all electrical connections.
- Check sequencers (electric heat).
- Inspect ductwork for energy loss.
- Inspect fan belt tension if applicable.
- Check thermocouple if applicable.
- Test ignition system for proper operation.
- Measure furnace blower motor amperage and voltage.
- Test furnace safety and control circuits for proper operation.
The importance of maintenance
In terms of electronics, electricity, mechanics and technology, if the equipment is not well maintained or not well maintained, Its service life will be shortened considerably. To increase the useful life of air conditioning units, it is important to ensure preventive maintenance at the beginning of spring and at the beginning of autumn, this covers the basic cleaning and revision of main components to guarantee good functionality during the summer and winter.
It is very important to carry out regular maintenance and inspections on air conditioning equipment, in this way we can obtain better performance from each unit while predicting possible anomalies in the equipment.
The benefits of maintaining air conditioners well are many.
They guarantee both economic and energy savings, because through good preventive and corrective maintenance possible failures can be avoided and more energy consumption can be saved.
The benefits are noted in:
Increases the useful life of the equipment.
Thanks to good maintenance, the useful life of the air conditioner and its components is prolonged, failures and high repair costs are avoided, which ensures the proper functioning of the unit for a number of years higher than the average.
Better hygiene and health.
Through good maintenance we can say goodbye to the production of unpleasant smells, sounds, fungi and bacterial pests, which will directly affect our health.
Through regular maintenance, we can ensure optimal operation, thus ensuring the normal consumption of electrical energy for which your unit is designed. Otherwise, due to the additional effort that the components have to make to comply with the temperature we are asking for, the consumption and energy expenditure increases exponentially.
Reduce the cost.
By controlling energy consumption, and with the proper functioning of the components of the unit, high energy consumption is eliminated. Although we think we spend more money on maintenance, the reality is that we reduce our expenses by avoiding future problems.
Some of the most important maintenance tasks focus on:
- It is essential to clean the filter at least once every 3 months because this guarantees better air quality.
- Temperature control, so that the difference between the air conditioning on the street and our house or office is not too great, with this we avoid that the compressor works more than normal, which is the component that consumes the most energy.
- Not having doors or windows open, allowing cold air to escape from the area controlled by your air conditioner.
- Sterilize the evaporator and avoid strange odors during ventilation.
- External maintenance of the equipment, cleaning the dust and dirt from the equipment.
The maintenance of air conditioners is one of the most important aspects which can protect our home or office from the growth of fungi and bacteria that affect our health. Having a good air conditioning repair and maintenance company is essential to get the job done right.